I've always like this one. The artwork of both Snow and the Queen seems to depict them well, as the polar opposites that they are. Snow looks as every bit innocent as the Queen does villainous.
This is indeed a stunning image , which shows an influence of Gustav Tenggren's original 1937 American poster but with a decidedly rather darker Russian feel in which the Wicked Queen has the upper hand!
Interestingly the famous Russian film mogul Sergei Eisenstein was a great fan of Walt Disney and loved his story boarding techniques!
With essays by Brian Sibley on 'Mary Poppins', 'Alice in Wonderland', 'The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad', 'The Sword in the Stone' and 'Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree'
NOW IN PAPERBACK
Four new Winnie-the-Pooh stories by Brian Sibley & Co.
-
This curious building is a raised granary, or 'hórreo', in the northern
Spanish town of Avilés, which we recently visited. Among the most
characteristic ...
bunny brexit
-
today's the day the big people were supposed to settle something called
'brexit'...
last night brian and david took me to see what was – for a bunny – a ve...
-
*BRIAN SIBLEY*
*NEW NEWS... *
The Sibley/Weeks household having succumbed to the current virulent Covid
variant, we have had to abandon our plans to t...
Rest In Peace, Dolly Parton (1946-2026)
-
Ever since childhood, I have been a pretty big Dolly Parton fan. Her
passing last month was a shock to me, even though for almost a year now,
she had b...
Gaston Rough
-
This is the first animation drawing I made of Gaston in Beauty and the
Beast. Here he has a larger jaw and a moustache. This is from the opening
seque...
50 Years of the Disneyland Line
-
Can you believe that the Disneyland Line debuted 50 years ago today? I
don't know what the University of Disneyland employees expected this
publication wou...
Swiss Family Treehouse Sprouts
-
It's the early part of 1962 and six tons of steel are rapidly
becoming the Family Robinson's island homestead.
Had construction stopped right here it still...
Blu-ray Review: Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur"
-
“This is probably one of the greatest experiences I’ve ever had in my life,
probably the toughest gig I’ve ever had,” says *The Good Dinosaur* director
P...
In the Service of the Red Cross
-
My new book documenting Walt Disney's time in France as a volunteer driver
with the Red Cross at the end of World War I has just been released in
soft-cove...
ASIFA EAST Memorial for Michael Sporn March 2, 2015
-
Michael Sporn was one of the giants of the New York animation community.
From 1980 until his untimely death last year, Michael Sporn’s studio
produced many...
The Boatniks - 1970
-
Walt Disney Productions started the 1970's focused mostly on getting Walt
Disney World ready than anything else. With construction in full swing on
the ...
An Open Letter to Tom Fitzgerald
-
Dear Mr. Fitzgerald,
I read last week that you are taking over the creative direction of EPCOT,
and I know I am not the first to write an open letter to...
What do you give a 58-year-old Magic Kingdom?
-
What do you give a 59-year-old Magic Kingdom on her birthday? Especially
when she has everything, like she did when I first pinned on a Mickey Mouse
namet...
'Monsters University' viral site
-
Briefly: Pixar's viral marketing division hit a home run with its
just-released *Monsters University *website.
The site is incredibly detailed, featuring...
Keep Calm And...
-
You've all seen versions of this floating around, so I thought I would make
my version of it. Grab a copy and enjoy- just remember you saw it here
first!
...
Out and About: Meet Me at The Derby! II
-
Well, you waited 5 months for the breathtaking conclusion to my first post
about the Brown Derby (link). Thanks, and welcome back! Today's post
focuses on ...
2 comments:
I've always like this one. The artwork of both Snow and the Queen seems to depict them well, as the polar opposites that they are. Snow looks as every bit innocent as the Queen does villainous.
This is indeed a stunning image , which shows an influence of Gustav Tenggren's original 1937 American poster but with a decidedly rather darker Russian feel in which the Wicked Queen has the upper hand!
Interestingly the famous Russian film mogul Sergei Eisenstein was a great fan of Walt Disney and loved his story boarding techniques!
Post a Comment